“Now I can read, I can communicate and I can use technology… and so the program really really helps me a lot!”Former student of the ALSD program
The Adult Learning & Skills Development program:
- Prepares you for high school credit programs and Advanced education and employment
- Develop your reading, writing and math skills
- Learn and upgrade your basic computer and technology skills
- Improve your interpersonal communication skills
- Increase your confidence in daily tasks, finances and community involvement
The program is free for Ontario residents over 19 years of age. For individuals whose first language is not English, a CLB 5 (in Speaking/Listening) is required for entry.
The collection of a Social Insurance Number (SIN) is mandatory to register with this Employment Ontario program. Employment Ontario programs are free because of funding from the Government of Canada. The Government of Canada uses SIN information to decide if you are eligible for our program.
Employment Training Programs:
Virtual Academic Upgrading
September 8 – December 2, 2022
High School Success Strategies
September 12 – December 16, 2022
Computer – Level 2
November 28 – December 23, 2022
September 7 – December 23, 2022
Intro To Computers
September 12 – November 4, 2022
Classroom Supervisor Training Program
October 24 – December 23, 2022
- St. Nicholas Adult High School – West Campus, 893 Admiral Avenue
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario.