High school and adult students can learn a new language this year!
Learn a language, share a culture, change the world! This program enables high school students and adult students to learn and maintain a language other than English and French. Students can earn up to three credits towards their Ontario high school diploma.
The program also aims to:
- foster global awareness and understanding
- prepare students for post-secondary studies and careers in business, trade and communications
- enable global skills for travel, International Student exchanges and other opportunities here and abroad
- develop communication skills for international/global employment opportunities.
The program runs from 9:00 am – 12:30pm, September 10 – June 10, 2022, every Saturday.
Virtual or In-Person
In-person and/or Virtual
ASL (American Sign Language), Korean, Mandarin (Simplified), Spanish
Italian, Mandarin (Traditional), Punjabi, Russian
See the languages offered, schedule and more!
You can learn more and register online using the button below.Learn more
- Grade 9-12 students in the 2022-2023 school year, and adults with or without prior linguistic and cultural background are eligible for the program.
- Adult students must meet the same requirements as high school students with regards to attendance and completion of assignments.
- All IL credit courses follow the Ontario Curriculum Grades 9 to 12, Classical Studies and International Languages (revised 2016) and are accepted as credits towards a high school diploma. Current graduation requirements recognize at least one credit in a third language.
- There are three levels of credit language courses:
- Level 1: Academic (BD) or Open (BO)
- Level 2: University (CU) or Open (CO)
- Level 3: University (DU) or Open (DO)
- CU and DU level courses have prerequisites (BD and CU respectively)
- CO and DO level courses have prerequisites (BO and CO respectively)
The Ottawa Catholic School Board reserves the right to cancel any program due to lack of registration.