Your child can learn a new language this year!
Learn a language, share a culture, change the world! The International & Indigenous Languages Program – Elementary helps students learn a new language or maintain and develop the language of their home, promoting cultural and linguistic diversity. It is available to all students (JK-Grade 8), regardless of their language background and the school board they attend, and is FREE for Ontario residents.
The program runs from September 10 – June 17, 2022, every Saturday.
Virtual or In-Person
9:30 am – 12:00 pm every Saturday In-person and/or Virtual
Amharic, Bulgarian, Cantonese, Creole, Croatian, Gaelic, Dari, Dutch, Hungarian, Igbo, Inuktitut, Italian, Kinyarwanda, Kirundi, Korean, Lingala, Mandarin (Simplified), Mandarin (Traditional), Pashto, Polish, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Tigrinya, Turkish, Yoruba
1:00 – 3:30 pm Beginner classes Virtual
American Sign Language, Arabic, Korean, Mandarin, Spanish, and Ukrainian
See the languages offered, schedule and more!
You can learn more and register online using the button below.Learn more
- Students who are in JK to Grade 8 in the 2022-2023 school year.
- Students must be available for the full duration of the class time.
- Students from Ontario and Quebec living in the Ottawa area.
- Students may register for one of the following choices:
- one morning class (Grades JK – Grade 8)
- one afternoon class (Grades 2 – Grade 8) (Note: Beginner students only)
- one morning class and one afternoon class (Different languages am/pm)
The Ottawa Catholic School Board reserves the right to cancel any program due to lack of registration.