What We Offer
This class is open to permanent residents who plan to apply for Canadian citizenship.
Participants in the program will benefit from:
- study materials and practice tests
- language instruction to understand concepts and information needed to pass the citizenship test
- the chance to improve their conversation and pronunciation skills to succeed in the test
- the chance to learn techniques to organize and deliver information effectively.
All assessed learners can pre-register using the button below. Or by calling 613 594-5773.Pre-register Today
The topics in this program include:
- Facts about Canada, its history, geography and symbols.
- Facts about Canada’s political system: multi-party democracy, government, elections, human rights, etc.
- Canada’s justice system.
- The Rights and Responsibilities of Citizenship.
- Study questions for the Canadian citizenship test.
Who Can Access These Services?
Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Permanent resident
- Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4+.
New learners must have completed a language assessment through the Ottawa Y-Language Assessment and Referral Centre (Y-LARC).
Need this information as a PDF?
You can down this information as a PDF by using the link below to download.
Course details, including schedule, duration, capacity, are subject to change. We reserve the right to cancel a program due to low enrolment.